- On video/shorts load, do not replace like count if fetching the exact like number failed.
- Ensured that setting like/dislike number are thread-safe.
- Fix an oversight that caused the backup to fail outright if one or more errors were encountered
- Fix a couple of potential memory issues with the helper binary
- Available on iOS 13 and higher, the dislike numbers, when “Exact dislike numbers” option is disabled, are now formatted based on your app language.
- Updated Portuguese and Turkish localization.
A christmas gift from us to our favorite community: NewTerm 3! We rewrote almost all of the app, it’s faster, has better rendering, and integrates better with your terminal programs. It supports iOS 14 – 16 including XinaA15.
Check out the beta here: https://chariz.com/get/newterm-beta
By the way, we still have more tweaks to give away! 🎉 Head to our Discord server to enter, and hang around for more throughout the next few days!
Merry Christmas Everyone! We’re running giveaways over the festive period on our Discord server so make sure to take a look and enter for a chance to win amazing prizes!
- Fixed (exact) like and dislike numbers not being set for the old design of video action buttons.
- Fixed dislike number disappearing for the chip-styled video action buttons when you scroll down and up.
- Dislike number is now displayed in the correct location (for chip-styled like/dislike buttons)
Some time passed since I wrote this post, and this week went a bit crazy with my attention being diverted in so many different places, so just updating (especially now that I can write 5000 characters in markdown):
👉 Zebra 1.1.30 – fixing a few things I broke in 1.1.29.
Running behind when I really wanted this to release, but it’s still coming! This release also now supports searching for a single character in non-English languages – this is pretty important for languages such as Chinese – along with some various bug fixes.
⚪️ Cephei 1.18 – rootless support.
It pretty much all works, with the exception of features that try to grab info from the dpkg status file, such as the package header cell, on Xina15. I’ll also be adding a built-in cell for linking to Mastodon profiles, because, well… it’s not exactly like I have much confidence in the direction the bird app is going right now.
⚪️ Alderis 1.2.2 – rootless support.
Effectively I’ll just be creating a build for iphoneos-arm64 (proper rootless jailbreaks), since 1.2.2 works perfectly on iOS 15 and 16 under non-rootless/Xina15.
⚪️ NewTerm 3 beta 1 – near-total rewrite.
Super excited for this! No doubt the most popular request I’ve been hearing over and over 😁 NewTerm 3 uses a more up-to-date terminal emulator framework supporting modern features. Just need to finish up a few things I left unfinished so I can start releasing official betas.
⚪️ Zebra 1.1.31 – Xina15 support.
The way Xina15 has set up APT (or rather, not set it up) is very awkward, so all package managers needed to be updated to support it. I put this off for a bit so some of the awkward problems with it could be figured out first, and things start settling down to something stable I can work against. I feel we’re in a good position with it now, so I’m going to go ahead and implement this support soon.
⚪️ Zebra 2
This is a longer-term thing, because it’s a very different beast (different horse?) from Zebra 1. I really hope we can start launching betas of Zebra 2 soon! If you haven’t seen it, check out our unveiling of the UI from a few months ago.
- New option “Prevent charger from waking screen” in AOD Mode settings pane. When enabled, it will prevent screen wakes when plugging/unplugging your charger
- Force lowering screen refresh rate when LastLook is visible. It could potentially help reducing battery consumption on devices with ProMotion screens
- Support for Dodo tweak (requires latest Dodo update too)
- UI Adjustments: fix notification backgrounds sometimes staying black after dismissing LastLook
- Fix DRM causing false positives for users who have LinTui option enabled in Xina jailbreak
👋 Hello to everyone who’s new to Mastodon and the fediverse! Just wanted to post to get the word out that we’re on here.
Chariz helps you find apps and utilities to improve your life, and helps you support the developers that build your favorite apps.
We’re one of the top sources for jailbreak tweaks — special kinds of programs that add handy enhancements to iOS that aren’t possible within the App Store. You can customise your device exactly how you want it, and even access the underlying Unix operating system to use your device to its full potential. We’re glad to support an incredibly innovative community that loves Apple’s devices, and has proven the value of open operating systems ever since the first iPhone.
Seems interesting? Give us a follow!
👋 Hi again friends! If you’re on iOS 15 with the XinaA15 jailbreak, there’s now an update to Sileo with support for this jailbreak. You can find instructions here. (We also have a link to this on our package detail pages in Sileo for your convenience.)
- Fixed crashing on lower YouTube versions
- Updated localization for Arabic and Simplified Chinese
Hi everyone! Just a quick update from us on the iOS 15 jailbreaks.
We’re starting to accept updates from developers for iOS 15, but with the caveat that the jailbreaks that are currently released for it, palera1n and XinaA15, are quite incomplete. This is unlike our usual policy where we wait until a final working jailbreak has been released to start accepting updates, but this year has obviously been a different one, and we want to help push things along as soon as possible.
Please be patient with things at the moment, not everything works properly just yet. Particularly, you won’t be able to download paid packages yet, as there is some issue with Zebra and Sileo’s ability to store logins in the keychain (iOS’s encrypted password storage) that both projects are currently looking into.
There is some more info about the state of things from this post on /r/jailbreak.
You can catch us on Discord or post on /r/jailbreak if you have any questions. Although, if the question is “should I jailbreak yet?”, the answer is most likely not yet, unless you’re willing to try some things that aren’t quite ready yet.
- Corrected the tweak’ settings path in the alert that asks if you want to enable vote submission option
- Updated localization for Russian
This is the initial release of Legizmo Kincaid.
- A new Welcome experience has been implemented to guide new users through the setup process
- The app’s design and layout, along with its icon, have been reworked with improved textual hints
- Sensitive information shown in the app (e.g. device name) is redacted from screenshots and screen recordings
- Adds support for the watchOS 9 release
- Older Apple Watches that no longer receive updates from Apple, that are not running their latest available update, should now be supported by Legizmo
- Adds Post-Pairing Steps, to maintain pairing between < iOS 16 and watchOS 9 devices that were paired on watchOS 9.0 Developer Beta 3 or newer
- Compatibility Fixes are now collectively referred to as the Feature Support component of Legizmo
- The Apps Support fix now allows development applications to be installed on paired Apple Watches
- The Apps Support fix now allows non-standalone apps requiring watchOS 9.0 or newer to be installed when bundled with an iOS app
- The Now Playing fix has improved support for AirPlay destinations being selected on the Watch
- The Compatibility Check results now more accurately reflect the current device’s capabilities without needing to remove Pairing Support if it is installed
- Improved Compatibility Check results for Watch hardware that is no longer supported by Apple
- The Watch pairing code scanner now uses a rectangular reticle similar to the Watch app rather than the previous blue circle
- The Watch Services restart now includes a number of additional daemons to improve connection restoration
If you are pairing a device that is already running watchOS 9.0 or newer, you will need Legizmo’s Post-Pairing Steps to ensure it remains paired after the Watch reboots. If Post-Pairing Steps are not performed, your Watch will erase itself soon after it next reboots.
Legizmo is designed to notify you when you need to perform Post-Pairing Steps, which is at the end of the initial synchronisation process. Tapping the notification banner will take you directly to Post-Pairing Steps in the Legizmo app, which can also be accessed from the Pairing Support menu.
If your Watch was paired on a version prior to watchOS 9.0, and you are updating to 9.0 or newer, you will not need to run Post-Pairing Steps unless you unpair and subsequently re-pair the Watch to your phone running Legizmo.
In some cases, the Legizmo app may indicate you need to run Post-Pairing Steps when your Watch was paired on watchOS 8 or older, however this is because the version history of the Watch is not recorded. Running Post-Pairing Steps on these Watches will not cause harm, however is not necessary.
- Added a dedicated settings page for Return YouTube Dislike
- Added an option to display the exact number of dislikes (for example, 12345 -> 12,345)
- Updated localization for Traditional Chinese
- For users getting pill-styled like/dislike buttons, the tweak will move the like count to the dislike button and append that with the dislike count, with the following arrangement:
[Like] | [Dislike]
What is Jailbreaking?
Go beyond apps and do whatever you want with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Chariz helps you discover useful apps that aren’t possible within the App Store, customise your device exactly how you want it, and even access the underlying Unix operating system to use your device to its full potential.
Jailbreaking is free and legal. If you change your mind, it’s easy to uninstall.