Cephei 2.0 is a major refactor, exclusively supporting rootless jailbreaks. It removes numerous code paths that stayed around for compatibility with old tweaks or iOS releases, and is built to run on the new ElleKit hooking platform. Cephei 1.x will continue to be supported for rootful jailbreaks on iOS 15.
Most, but not all, tweaks should already work with Cephei 2. Please don’t expect tweaks converted from rootful to rootless to work. The developers of these tweaks will most likely need to release a rootless update if there are any crashes.
- Uses dpkg alternatives to not conflict with Procursus’s
defaultspackage. If defaults is installed, but you want to specifically check preferences using Cephei, you can use
- Support for loading profile pictures from Twitter has been removed due to the closure of Twitter’s free API - perhaps use your GitHub profile picture instead (e.g.
https://github.com/chariz.png), or link to your Mastodon?!
- Much of Cephei has been refactored into new Swift code. If you’ve written code that uses Cephei in Swift, you may need to update some class and property names to remove
hb_prefixes. Keep in mind that subclassing a Swift class from Objective-C is unsupported - that said, HBListController and its subclasses work around this limitation for best compatibility with existing tweaks.
Cephei 2.0 removes:
- Legacy symlinks (
/usr/lib/libcephei.dyliband friends, if anyone is even still using them)
- CepheiUI automatic loading into UIKit processes - please link against CepheiUI directly
- Classes that were already deprecated: HBDiscreteSliderTableCell, HBInitialsLinkTableCell, HBListItemsController
- HBListController legacy appearance methods
-synchronizeand other deprecated methods
- HBSupportController’s already obsolete support for the TechSupport framework
A huge thank you to the wonderful people who helped in testing this release.